League City Roofing Experts
Roofing Services Done Right
At Alpha 1 Restorations, we know how frustrating it is to have a damaged roof. You need someone you can trust to walk you through the process. We understand your concerns and make the entire process—from initial contact to project completion—as easy as possible. We can guide you through making a claim with your insurance, and we don’t ask for payment until our crew is on the site and ready to begin work. With free inspections and expert roofers, you can rest easy knowing we'll do the job right.
Our roofing services in League City, Pearland, and the surrounding areas include:
Give us a call at (281) 853-8634 and let the pack leaders take care of the rest. Free estimates are available!
How to Spot Roof Damage
Let’s face it: No one really thinks about their roof unless they notice a problem. The earlier you spot and report roof damage to our professional roofers, the faster and less costly your repairs are.
Some of the signs of roof damage you should always look out for include:
- Roof leaks – These are usually the easiest to detect because there is water coming into your house. Look in your attic or on your top floor for water stains or signs of a leak. Also check during or right after a hard rain to catch a leak before it gets worse.
- Missing shingles – Strong winds, heavy rains, or debris can remove shingles. It’s important to repair or replace your roof as soon as possible to avoid water damage to the inside of your home.
- “Lifting” shingles – A lifted shingle is difficult to spot from the ground and may look intact, but the nails may have lifted and possibly broken the sealant between each layer.
- Curling shingles – Curling shingles are often found in corners, edges, ridges, or around the chimney.
- Chimney flashing – Look for broken or missing flashing around the chimney. High winds can easily damage your roof in this area, leading to leaks that may be hard to detect inside your home.
- Granules in the gutter – Heavy rain and high winds can wash away granules from the shingle and deposit them in your gutters. High amounts of granules in the gutter can indicate potential roof damage.
Do I Need a New Roof?
Every roof will eventually reach the end of its life, even without obvious signs of damage. There are many indicators that can help tell you when it’s time for a new roof.
Give us a call for a free inspection if you find any of the following:
- Roof leaks – The first place to look when assessing a roof is not the roof—it’s the attic. Look for beams of light coming through the top of the house or water stains and streaks. A leaky roof can lead to much more costly repairs inside the home, so if you find signs of a leak, get your roof inspected right away.
- Advanced age – The next thing to consider is the age of the roof. Asphalt shingle roofs last about 20 to 25 years. If you had a roof installed over an existing layer of shingles, you may have to replace it in 20 years or less.
- Bald spots and missing granules – Something often overlooked is just how your roof looks. A roof that simply looks worn and old can indicate problems. Chances are, the asphalt granules have washed away over time from hard rains and stormy weather. Look for bald spots where granules are missing. Also, check your gutters periodically to see if there is a buildup of granules.
- Cracked, missing, lifted, or curled shingles – While these seem like the most obvious signs, they may not always be easy to spot from your yard. If you have a steep pitch to your roof or are uncomfortable climbing on ladders to inspect it yourself, let our League City roofers do the inspection for free.
- Dark stains, algae, and moss – Dark stains mean you have algae growing on your roof. While algae growth doesn’t pose the most serious risk, it can wear down your granules over time and compromise the integrity of your roof. Moss growth is another issue that can lead to problems. Moss traps moisture and can lead to granule loss over time.
If you find any of these indicators, or just suspect your roof is reaching the end of its life, reach out to Alpha 1 Restorations today for a free inspection. We have drones available to help us see the overall condition of your roof safely and accurately.